Everyone wants a bargain. Sometimes, we find a price that seems too good to be true, and usually, it is.
There are retailers who ship products to the USA from outside the USA, called "Grey Imports". They may seem like a great deal, but there are risks.
- In many cases, the manufacturer will not support the standard warranty.
- Some manufacturers promote additional years of warranty in the USA– a grey import would not qualify for this support.
- Some manufacturers will not undertake chargeable repairs on grey imports.
- In many instances, you will not be eligible for USA cashback promotions.
- Some items can be fakes. Buying from overseas leaves you with very little legal recourse.
- You can be liable for import duty and VAT on your purchase, which can be held at customs.
- If the product goes missing in transit you may be liable; check the small print to see when the title of the goods transfers to the customer.
- It may be difficult to return an item.
- Many retailers will not take grey imports for part-exchange. When the time comes, you may not be able to realise the value of your camera.
At Backdropsource USA you can buy with confidence:
- We check 1000's of prices daily to give you the lowest prices we can on our range of over 16,000 photographic products.
- We are a USA company, based in Las Vegas.
- We are committed to selling USA sourced stock.
- Our USA Call Centre is open 7 days a week. Or, if you're near Las Vegas, you can visit our warehouse– open daily from 10.00am.
- We are proud of our unmatched Customer Service.
- You will always get the full Manufacturer's Warranty.
- You can return almost any item within 15 days of receipt*
Don't just take our word for it, there are other examples of recurring issues: